Saturday, September 17, 2016

Childhood vs. Adulthood, Explained

Here's one of the main differences 'twixt childhood and adulthood: as a child, during those relatively rare occasions I found myself in a "buffet/all you can eat" situation, I'd eat the bare minimum amount of "real" food I could get away with, to save room for all those scrumptious desserts. Now, I'm likely to skip dessert to leave room for all that scrumptious "real" food.

Last night Jeff and I went to a very nice sushi/Japanese seafood buffet, where I ate rather more than I should've in one meal. Then, I spent the rest of the evening hearing strange noises. Maybe it was the sound of my digestive system struggling to process a larger payload than usual -- or maybe it was the child I used to be screaming at my adult self from across the gulf of years: "You had the chance to eat chocolate mousse, chocolate cake, chocolate cream puffs and chocolate dessert crepes ... and you gave all that up to eat raw fish? What the hell is wrong with you!!??"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com