Saturday, July 09, 2016

Everything Old Is New Again

Everything old becomes new again: I can just barely remember when my parents drove a car equipped only with an AM radio, which of course lost its signal anytime we drove under an overpass. I can even remember how impressed I was -- in that intense way single-digit-age kids have -- the first time my parents upgraded to a car with FM stereo.

This week, driving from northern Virginia to northern Georgia (Atlanta, to be specific), I drove Jeff's new car equipped with high-tech zillion-channels satellite radio -- which lost its signal roughly half the times I drove under an overpass. Or under trees with leaves thick enough and close enough to cast shade on my car. And occasionally in open country for no discernible reason at all.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chuck Pergiel said...

Music Interruptus: http://pergelator.blogspot.com/2012/07/music-interruptus.html

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com