Monday, October 21, 2013

Hired Guns To Terrify Kids: America's Hot New Educational Fad

Over at Anorak I discuss the completely non-insane educational technique of schools hiring gunmen to terrify their students; "guns in schools" are only bad when wielded by freelancers, I suppose. My favorite line:
For all the legitimate critiques one might make about the modern United States of America, any claims that we neglect mental illness are libelous bullshit. We do not neglect our mentally ill people over here; we pay them six-figure salaries and let them administer our schools.
You can read the rest of it here.

1 Comments:

Anonymous L.Long said...

This is similar to the taking kids to prison in 'scared straight'.
Is it a good idea? doubt it.
I grew up with guns and was TAUGHT how to handle them safely from the age of 7. When I see some of these kids imitating the silly nonsense on TV, I stay away from them cuz they are dangerous.
From my experience proper TRAINING is best or don't have them around.

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com