Monday, December 24, 2012

Standard Well-Meaning Holiday Greeting

I went back to New England last weekend to see some friends for the holidays. Now it's Christmas Eve, I'm home in northern Virginia, and as I type this, it's even snowing. So far, the snow's been sticking to the grassy ground but melting upon contact with paved surfaces, giving me all the benefits of a white Christmas with none of the shoveling-obligation downsides. It's a holiday miracle!

Well, no, not a "miracle" so much as a "validation of scientific principles regarding heat absorption and retention rates of soil versus pavement," but who cares. I hope everyone has a merry Christmas, happy Hanukkah, illuminated Solstice or whatever celebration your sociocultural upbringing leads you to prefer. Happy holidays!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com