Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Happy Holidays (this time for real)

If my snarky holiday column explaining the inherent insultingness of the phrase "Happy Holidays" isn't to your taste, perhaps you'd prefer my boyfriend's annual holiday story instead. (Disclaimer: any resemblance between me and the character of Sadie is purely coincidental. So he says.) Whichever holiday you do or don't celebrate this time of year, I hope you have a good one.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to finish wrapping these gifts. I love to buy gifts, and I love to give them, but dear God how I hate wrapping the damn things.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

...but dear God how I hate wrapping the damn things

Well then this is right up your alley!

11:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is why God invented Gift Bags.

11:16 AM  
Blogger Anne O'Neimaus said...

I'm also disenchanted with the process of wrapping gifts. However (and unreasonably, I suppose), I always feel a bit cheated when I get something in a gift-bag...

2:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com