Monday, July 21, 2008

Always Bring A Pitchfork To A Knife Fight

Here’s a tantalizingly vague story about a woman whose attempt to use a knife to rob an old man failed after the man fought back with a pitchfork:
A Palmetto woman has been taken from the hospital to jail after stabbing a man with a knife, then being stabbed with a pitchfork … Deputies say 25-year-old Sarah Moore stabbed 72-year-old Robert Smith after she asked him for money and he wouldn't give t to her. That's when Smith armed himself with a pitchfork and fought back.
How did this guy manage to “arm himself with a pitchfork.” Was he carrying concealed? Did the mugger attack in a farm-supply store? Whatever the answer, I suspect Sarah Moore’s destiny lies somewhere near the bottom of the prison social totem pole.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whatever the answer, I suspect Sarah Moore’s destiny lies somewhere near the bottom of the prison social totem pole.

Couldn't beat a 72-year-old geezer? Oh yeah, stick a fork in her - she's done. ;-)

4:42 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Abel said...

I just think that if you're hanging out in the Muggers' Club, saying "He pulled a gun on me! I never could've seen it!" probably has more cachet than "He pulled a pitchfork on me! I never could've seen it!"

5:08 PM  
Blogger Caveman Lawyer said...

Keep in mind here you're dealing with criminals. A group, by and large, comprised of people who will not be missed by NASA. I think there are a lot of these stupid criminal stories out there, most just don't get picked up by the media.

I think a given group of muggers in prison would spend a lot of time trying to figure out what went wrong. I envision the conversation going more like this.

"So, I was pulling a knife on this guy and he whipped out a pitchfork and stabbed me."

"Where the hell did he get a pitchfork from?"

"From the display on the wall..."

"Yeah, when I mugged a guy in a gun store I got shot so maybe mugging a guy where there are lots of weapons is a bad idea."

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com