Sunday, October 07, 2007

All Right, Now You're Just Being Insulting

I forgot to tell you what inspired this little vacation of mine in the first place, didn't I? Fact is, as much as I love my job I suspected I was getting just a tiny bit burned out, and this was confirmed last week when a story I wrote on drug asset forfeiture went online. I said nothing that would be a surprise to any libertarian: you can lose your property without even being accused of a crime, the cops get to keep most of what they confiscate which provides corruptive incentives, and so forth.

Next day I got a condescending e-mail chastising me for not mentioning how this whole asset-forfeiture thing is a government plot to drive up drug prices and help the rich get richer and so forth.

I am now getting letters accusing me of having too much faith in our government. That's when a libertarian knows she needs to take a few days off to let her batteries recharge.

3 Comments:

Blogger Windypundit said...

I am now getting letters accusing me of having too much faith in our government.

An insult to your honor! Demand satisfaction!

10:25 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Abel said...

(indignantly draws self up to full five-foot-three-inch height) I'll have you know that at the time this alleged faith in government took place, I was actually on the highway driving a car with a trunkful of untaxed cigarettes at speeds which endanger public safety whilst snorting cocaine off the ass of an effigy of the Attorney General which I then burned without applying for a fire permit first.

So there.

5:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was actually on the highway driving a car with a trunkful of untaxed cigarettes at speeds which endanger public safety whilst snorting cocaine off the ass of an effigy of the Attorney General which I then burned without applying for a fire permit first.

But you're in VA, so they don't really care so much. Just...just...think of the children, ok?

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com