Sunday, November 05, 2006

Reality Bites

Note to self: the next time real-life work schedules keep me from posting for five days, at least fix things so that my last post, sitting forlornly atop the page for nearly a week, doesn’t have a vaguely ominous title and talk about some guy raided by government agents for a website mocking the TSA.

Thanks and I apologize, all of you who sent concerned e-mails. I’m fine, but of course now if government agents really do disappear me into those secret concentration camps they’re building nobody will think to worry, because of this time when I inadvertently cried wolf. But I'm not a civil-liberties martyr, just a person with a little extra work.

Damn. Don’t you hate when the real world interferes with what you’re trying to do on the Internet?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Work: The curse of the blogging class.

Hey, remember in "Alice's Reastaurant" how Arlo Guthrie had to sit on the Group W bench with all the father rapers and mother stabbers because he was a litterer?

Imagine having to explain to your Gitmo cellmate that you were "disappeared" for smuggling a few ounces of hair conditioner.

10:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see everything's ok. Was kinda worried for you.

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com