Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Blog Infidelity, Part Two

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile, but some very weird, annoying and time-consuming things have been happening here in the real world. In a way I'm glad, though, because I can use them as an excuse for what I'm about to tell you: our relationship needs some work. But not on your end--it's entirely me. I'm new to this whole monogoblogamy thing, see, and it takes practice and you can't reasonably expect perfection after only two months of experience so I'll just come right out and say this: I've been unfaithful to you. Again.

The first time was when that guy asked me to write an essay about Playboy from a woman's perspective. Now I'm doing guest posts over at Jim Henley's blog, Unqualified Offerings, while he's on vacation.

This isn't what it looks like--if Jim hadn't invited me to do guest posts for him before I probably wouldn't be blogging with you here right now. It's an honor and loyalty thing, you know? It would actually be dishonorable for me to back out on him now. But I swear to you: this is absolutely the last time until the next time someone asks.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The last time! Hmpf! Very likely. Just how many times are we supposed to fall for that? :-)

12:57 AM  
Blogger Jennifer Abel said...

Smartass, if the answer is "indefinitely" that would be very convenient for me.

6:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We forgive you. We know you have legitimate, deep feelings for your previous attachments, and if those feeling were real, they don't just go away. It takes time to break away, and we just hope we prove ourselves to be the kind of readers you feel comfortable making a complete commitment to.

But we don't own you, and you have the right to dispose of your talents in the best way you can. It's unreasonable for us to expect to be everything to you, and you probably know we intend to read other blogs from time to time. Let's just keep things open and aboveboard.

:)

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com